Eat Yourself Well

We all know the eating healthily is a cornerstone of good health.

How we nourish our bodies with the food we eat is directly reflected in our overall well being.

However knowing the best things to eat and how to achieve the ultimate healthy diet can seem so difficult.

There is so much conflicting advice around. It seems that on a daily basis we’re told what is good for us only to be told at some point in the future that the same wonder food is now the worst possible thing you can consume! No wonder so many people feel so frustrated.

Publications, the Internet or other media is also not always that helpful.

Take a look in any book shop or Google healthy diets and you will be met with a myriad of differing titles and approaches all seemingly contradicting each other.  Even on this blog I’ve added to the collection of information about what and what not to do!

In reality all these suggestions of how to eat better are correct and incorrect at the same time. Why?

Because what will work with one person won’t necessarily work with another. We are all individuals and our systems work differently. Every day I see clients at my Practice who have the same underlying causal factors but their health is affected in very different ways. The same applies to what we eat and how this impacts on us. Although we would all like a diet ‘magic bullet’   –  Do this and everything will be fine! – sadly such a thing doesn’t exist.

So what can you do to navigate your way through the maze of information and find what works for you?

In effect nothing more complicated than trial and error. You do need patience but you will eventually find what’s best for you, and often once one or two things fall into place the rest follows quickly behind.

Use some basic principles to get you start:

  • Start with small and easy steps. Rather than trying to make huge changes which are difficult to sustain make small adjustments that you’re far more likely to stick to.
  • Remember the 80/20 rule. If you getting things ‘right’ 80% of the time the other 20% won’t matter that much. So the odd slip with a piece of cake won’t derail you. Don’t beat yourself up about it!
  • Everything in moderation. Even too much of something that is really good for you becomes unhealthy. Take water- we can’t survived without it but if you drink too much you kill yourself! (It does have to be a lot in a short space of time but you get my point).

So read the advice that’s out there, and try that which appeals to you and fits into your lifestyle. Again you’re far more likely to stick to it if you feel comfortable with it.

Need some ideas to get you going?

Have a look at the following suggestions and give some a go:

Vegetables – Try to make vegetables the focus of your diet. Regulate fruit intake which can be acidic.

Raw food – Try and ensure that a proportion of your food is raw,e.g. salad.

Think quality – Use the best quality of food you can afford. Try to focus on organic foods, locally sourced and in season.

Fermenting – Limit yeast, malted and fermented foods as these encourage fungal overgrowth, e.g Candida

Fried, burnt or browned food – Restrict fried, burnt or fried food, hydrogenated fats and excess animal fat as much as possible. Frying or burning changes the food’s molecular structures and raises acidity.

 

Bon Appetite!

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

Do you want to feel fabulous?
Then download your copy of my free ebook "From Tired, Stressed & Unwell To Feeling Fabulous: A 3 Step Plan"...

Powered by WishList Member - Membership Software